[asterisk-users] Asterisk/Polycom Dialed Party Name

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 16:41:04 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jared Smith" <jsmith at digium.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk/Polycom Dialed Party Name

>...Called Party ID will
> be supported in Asterisk 1.8.

Question about how Called Party ID feature is implemented in trunk/1.8:
Will an instance be able to populate the Called Party ID with any dialplan
variable, (think CNAM dip to an external DB) or will the Called Party ID be
drawn from an asterisk-resident data structure such as from users.conf?
I would assume the former, but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I
understand the implementation to be less-than-straightforward.
Thanks
-Karl