[asterisk-users] How can I record the conversations in a conference call?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 11:26:45 CDT 2010

> I use the option 'r' on 1.4,  to record the meetme application.
> Asterisk leaves these records at /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/meetmeXXXXXX.

That option only works for conferences using ZAP/DAHDI hardware.

You can, however, start to Monitor() the channel prior to entering the
conference, but you should only do it for the first caller.
MeetMeCount() will help. The caveat is that if the first caller
disconnects, the remainder of the conference will not be recorded.

If anyone has a better solution, please tell us :).

Luki