[asterisk-users] 1.6.0 verses 1.6.2

John Rose john at westfax.com
Wed Apr 14 13:19:22 CDT 2010

Hello,

I can reproduce the results always.

Hardware:
E-5200 2.5 Ghz
4 gig ram
Centos 5.4

I've tested most versions from 1.6.0.11 to 1.6.0.26.
Compared to most version of the 1.6.1.x and 1.6.2.x.

I originate calls from one box using FastAGI to another Asterisk box
that is the call sink.

1.6.1.x and 1.6.2.x always start using hi CPU at around 160+ calls and
coredumps soon afterward at 180-210 calls depending on what exactly is
happening on the call. Then I switch over to the 1.6.0.x version on the
same box with same configs (just do a make install) and can get 400+
simultaneous calls easily and sometimes over 500 before the cpu is too
high.

The call sink is just playing a few files then waiting then sending a
DTMF. The call generator is doing the same playing a couple files, not
much else.

1.6.1 and 1.6.2 suck up more cpu apparently for some reason than version
1.6.0...

John