[asterisk-users] FastAGiin Windows Server

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 14 12:04:27 CDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> I wanna know if can run my AGI scripts as fastAGI scripts in Windoes
> server.

Seems like a move in the wrong direction to me, but no
-- you can't run an AGI script via fastagi() without changes.

> I need a lot of script done in perl and I wanna move to windows server.
> I checked Asterisk::fastagi but I see that everything is for Linux.

Fastagi is a protocol. You could implement it in most languages on most
OSs.

(Everything is for Linux because that's where "server stuff" belongs.)

> Somebody has idea to do this in perl. I dont want to change the
> language.

Somebody should re-think their ideas :)

Saying you "need a lot of script done" implies you haven't done it yet.
I'd suggest changing your language to C. You can execute XXX AGIs written
in C in the time it takes to load Perl and parse your script. Maybe you
wouldn't even need to use a separate server.

--
Thanks in advance,