[asterisk-users] Merge master.csv files

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Apr 13 15:20:48 CDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Ricardo Coelho wrote:

> Does asterisk keeps the master.csv open between writes? Right now I have
> 2 asterisk nodes sharing every configuration file (by using a
> distributed filesystem) except the master.csv files. If asterisk does
> not keep master.csv file open between writes, then I can share the
> master.csv file between both nodes right?If not, then any suggestions to
> merge both master.csv files?

It is not worth the effort to find out if Asterisk closes the file -- it's
a major league bad idea.

At some point, you will discover a race condition at the application,
network daemon, file system, or OS level.

Dumping the CDRs into a database is a much better idea. The benefits go
way beyond concurrency.

--
Thanks in advance,