[asterisk-users] Time variables in system application

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Apr 13 14:57:53 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 14:00:36 Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Just what I thought - guess that's the X'th time I wuz wrong today.

The only difference between what I think you're calling the system time
(output of date) and Asterisk is that Asterisk uses a different (internal)
library to convert the epoch-based time into a broken-out date.  Both
are using exactly the same value internally, however.  Hardware clock is
generally how system time is set initially at boot, though with NTP servers
and system skew, it's possible for the two values to drift apart over time.

--
Tilghman Lesher