[asterisk-users] Using chan_lcr (and mISDN v2) ?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 13 12:10:08 CDT 2010

Hi!

> to install Asterisk along mISDN V2.
> Has someone experienced with it ?
> Thoughts ?
> Could it be a reliable path for "alternate" ISDN devices like AVM boards ?

If you take a look at the misdn mailing list you will see that the future
of mISDN v2 is quite uncertain - at least it was when I looked at it a
couple of weeks ago. Technically it is a much more sound solution than
mISDN v1, but personally I would really not want to use it until also a
chan_misdn v2 becomes available. Currently you need to run LCR (linux
call router) in parallel to Asterisk in order to make use of mISDN v2.

Philipp