[asterisk-users] Full transfer details on inbound calls

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 13 10:28:44 CDT 2010

Hi!

> We're using asterisk 1.4.17 using RealTime and my boss has decided that we
> should keep a track of the full history of incoming calls i.e. who and
> when they were transferred to. The asterisk CDR only holds the initial
> answering channel for any call and not any further transfers that may have
> happened.
>
> The idea we are toying with is getting the time and the originating
> channel from the cdr

Depending on the type of phones you use there is also another way to look
at it: SNOM phones for example have event triggers for certain actions
that can call a URL, this includes events like off-hook, transfer
completed and the like.

Taking it even further: You could try trace all SIP signaling to/from
your Asterisk, or even on your entire LAN, and then try to analyse that.
I believe there's a number of SIP tools available for that.

Philipp