[asterisk-users] Full transfer details on inbound calls

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 08:50:24 CDT 2010

Hi

We're using asterisk 1.4.17 using RealTime and my boss has decided that
we should keep a track of the full history of incoming calls i.e. who
and when they were transferred to. The asterisk CDR only holds the
initial answering channel for any call and not any further transfers
that may have happened.

The idea we are toying with is getting the time and the originating
channel from the cdr, and then searching the full asterisk logs for the
channel identifier string. Obviously we would have to have the verbose
output going to a file and make sure that the verbosity in the console
is always at least 5.

I've done enough testing to see that is is possible

ish at trinity:/var/log/asterisk$ grep 'Apr 13' full | grep
SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-082090e8 | grep answered
[Apr 13 13:31:11] VERBOSE[17120] logger.c:     -- SIP/811-08214f50
answered SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-082090e8
[Apr 13 13:31:31] VERBOSE[17120] logger.c:     -- SIP/808-08212f08
answered SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-082090e8

The above output shows that the originating channel was answered by sip
extension 811 and then by 808 20 seconds later.

I am also considering parsing the full log into a mysql database and
doing the searching in there.

My question is is this a good way to go about what I'm trying to achieve
or is there a simpler/less process intensive method that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik