[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Timezones

Aldo Bergamini aaberga at nb-a.com
Tue Apr 13 06:54:01 CDT 2010

On 12 Apr 2010, at 22:14, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:

> There's system clock, and hardware clock.
>
> Whatever you get for the localtime when you do 'date' command is what
> you're going to get for logs from asterisk.
>
> It seems somewhere you have your system set to run in GMT, even though
> you don't want it to be like that.
>
> You will need to consult documentation about properly setting your
> clock for your timezone.
>
> The alternative is to leave your system 'broken', and change your time
> checks to GMT.

Hello David,

it was luckily easier than that!

I checked with an extension in my DP that reads me the 'Asterisk time'
and it was correct.
At least after I tinkered a little with the time zones settings of the
OS, but still with strange CDR times.

So that I went looking into the CDR config file and noticed that I had
the default choice of using GMT time for the CSV logs.

So, no surprise that Asterisk was doing it...

Thanks and best regards,
Aldo