[asterisk-users] problem of "when memory become 50% or more then sound become noisy?"

kamrun nahar bina bina187 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 04:42:50 CDT 2010

Dear all,

Currently I am using asterisk 1.4.23.1. . Over the period of 1 week,
the memory in use starts off at 50% and
continues to climb until it hits 99%. When memory usage ratio become
50% or more, the quality of calls become
extremely noisy. The call quality goes back to being perfect once I
reboot the machine,
but I was to try and avoid having to reboot the machine every week.

the following is the memory status during the usage ratio of memory
approx. 50% or more  which is in /proc/{process id of asterisk}/smaps
file :

09001000-7ebf6000 rw-p 09001000 00:00 0          [heap]
Size:           1929172 kB
Rss:            1679436 kB
Shared_Clean:         0 kB
Shared_Dirty:         0 kB
Private_Clean:     6472 kB
Private_Dirty:  1672964 kB
Swap:   224172 kB

My server's RAM size is:
MemTotal:      4147888 kB
Processor is :
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5460  @ 3.16GHz

Asterisk and the User-Agent is connected through the Internet.

Is it the prablem of memory leakage of asterisk? Is there any solution
to solve this memory's problem?
is it asterisk's bug or something else? I cannot find out the solution
and cannot find out where is the problem?
Presently, I need this solution very urgently. I am eagerly waiting for reply.

Or is there any solution to clean up the memory's usage space in
asterisk source code?

Thanks in advance

Nahar