[asterisk-users] PRI TBCT - Practical Experience, Anybody?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:14:18 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I am sorry if my issue is not related to this but I think it is.

I have a PRI with Bell Canada and when I dial in and have the call
transfered to a context to dial out and then have those two channels
bridged, the call disconnects with cause 16 just exactly as Jay R. Ashworth
shows in his CLI output. Bell Canada support RLT or know as 2BCT or TBCT to
some but we have not requested that feature. However, we don't care to keep
two channels tied up. Is this not possible through PRI?

[zap_bridge]
exten => s,1,answer
exten => s,n,Dial(ZAP/g0/4167778888)

If incoming leg of call is through PRI and outgoing leg is through SIP or
analogue ZAP everything works just fine. But the moment Call comes in
through PRI and goes out through PRI both channels drop. I should say that
call rings the 2nd party and 2nd party sees Caller ID info and when they
press Talk then there is the busy signal. I can post all the debug and bore
you with it but maybe someone already knows the answer.

I have been looking for this for couple of days now and I don't seem to get
anywhere with answers.

Input is much appreciated.
Bruce