[asterisk-users] Subscribe to a MWI when acting as a SIP client?

Alfredo Peña arpena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:02:37 CDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure an * box for my home in an embedded device, so
I want a minimum configuration. I've already configured it to connect
to my SIP provider and my IP phones and ATAs, so far so good. My SIP
provider gives me voicemail service and I'm happy with it. I don't
want to run voicemail services in my * box.

Is it possible for asterisk to subscribe to my SIP provider MWI and
retransmit the information to my phones? In other words, I want * to
get a message saying how many messages waiting I have in my SIP
provider inbox and have my IP phones subscribe to that. Can asterisk
work as a SIP subscription client?

Thanks and regards, Alf