[asterisk-users] Asterisk room monitor

Mark Hulber asterisk.admin at hulber.com
Mon Apr 12 12:19:15 CDT 2010

I want to use a voip speaker phone as a room monitor.  Requirements:

A phone that I can set to auto answer in speaker mode.
A phone with a good speaker phone.
Ability to make the audio one way.  I want to monitor the room but not
have my voice heard in the room.  Yes, the mute button can accomplish
this also.

I have been using the SPA942's around the house (the speaker is just ok
but probably good enough).  Can I set one of these or a similar Cisco
phone to auto answer in speaker mode?  Any ideas on an alternative phone
that would allow this?

The alternative is to just set up the call locally and then leave the
room with the line open but ideally I'd like to be able to open up the
monitor on demand.

Thanks,

MARK.