[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Mon Apr 12 12:11:57 CDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Randy R wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Darrick Hartman
> <dhartman at djhsolutions.com> wrote:
>> I don't think anyone else brought up the Spamhaus DROP project.  It's a
>> blacklist of IP addresses and address ranges which are known to ONLY be
>> used for malicious purposes.
>>
>> http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/
>>

> Because this is in Amazon's interest, THEY should set up a way to
> report these. Once you detect (in a script) that this is in their
> range, a redirect would feed their own log with all the data they'd
> need to proceed. This would work well, especially if they made you
> register your calling IP to them, or authenticate. That way your
> server and IP is on record and the report authenticated. Isn't this
> reasonable?
>
> /r

I have ZERO trust in Amazon at the moment. Their AWS form to report abuse fails. And despite all of our complaints, attacks continue.

I do like the idea of using something that's third party and then it's up to amazon to police itself to keep off of that list... just like every other ISP/IPP/NOC.

---fred
http://qxork.com