[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Mon Apr 12 11:51:30 CDT 2010

On 04/12/2010 08:17 AM, Fred Posner wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2010, at 9:12 AM, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
>

>> Perhaps if there was a Asterisk RBL we could all contribute to; for
>> which we could then hook into and drop any connection where a
>> source IP is listed ? -- Thanks, Phil
>>

> I love the idea of a RBL... count me in for contributing.
>
> Especially considering the ridiculous response I received from
> Amazon. (Basically told me to submit host, destination, port, proto,
> and log... which of course was already included in the original
> complaint)

I don't think anyone else brought up the Spamhaus DROP project.  It's a
blacklist of IP addresses and address ranges which are known to ONLY be
used for malicious purposes.

http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/

We could establish something similar to that for VOIP attacks.  It may
not be exactly a trivial system to maintain such a list. (removing IP's
after X amount of time, disputing false claims etc).  Maybe someone
could contact spamhaus to create a list for VOIP since they seem to have
a nice system in place?

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman