[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 13:04:24 CDT 2010

I always report at least. This is still better than not bringing it to their
attention. I once worked in the NOC of a big data centre of a major ISP, and
we often get calls regarding IPs from our data centers involved in spams and
hacks, but unless there were a number of complaints, nobody had time or
resources to dedicate them on verifying the validity of individual
complaints and take some action.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

On 2010-04-11 1:41 PM, "Martin" <ra25 at atlas.cz> wrote:

>Its a good idea tos setup Fail2ban, instructions for which are on
>voip-info.org. It at least bloc...
I personally use Fail2ban, it works but wont keep you from flooding your
line.
My last attacker kept trying for 3 days....

>Another good idea is to lookup in whois database this IP address and see if
you
>can find contact...
Fail2ban can send you a Whois info about every blocked IP. Im just not sure
if
any kind of reporting will help :-(

>Zeeshan A Zakaria
Martin L