[asterisk-users] Repeated: Got SIP response 489 "Bad event"back from

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Sun Apr 11 02:40:04 CDT 2010

Hi James,

Thanks for the help.  3.10 registers into my SIP server just as a normal SIP client.
Yes, qualify=yes.   I just tried setting that to no on my end, and I still get the message. I'll try turning it off on 3.10 too tomorrow and capture some trace too

Adrian

> Hi All,
>

> I've two asterisk servers on the same LAN, both 1.4, and I keep getting "Got
> SIP response 489 "Bad event" back from 192.168.3.10"
>
> No idea whats causing it. The only references I can find mentions NATing
> issues, but these are on the same LAN so NAT shouldn't be an issue.
>
> 3.10 does authenticate into the server logging the error.  The error appears
> in the log every 1m20s (ish)

Is 3.10 on a SIP trunk to the other asterisk box?
Is qualify=yes on this SIP trunk?
I think you'll find that if you run an ngrep/tcpdump on port 5060 on
the box receiving the error it will send out an OPTIONS or NOTIFY (I
can't remember which) and then you'll see the 489 Bad Event.
Grab a trace of the SIP traffic and post it, its the only way to know
for sure though.

-- James