[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

David Quinton gname2 at bizorg.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 02:21:59 CDT 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:09:02 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:

>> Look what they did to my latency, Gordon:-
>> http://f8lure.mouselike.org/archived_graphs/westek.bizorg.co.uk_day10.png
>
>Oddly enough my latency wasn't being affected at all - however what I was
>seeing was my ADSL router being cripped with 200 packets a second in & out
>- to the extent that something would go "bang" inside it and it would
>drop the PPPoA session and then re-start. This was an old Draytek 2600 - I
>replaced it with a new Draytek 2820 and it was them fine.

I replaced my old 2600 with a BT Business hub a few months ago.
The log seemed say that there were loads of corected packets.
The annoying thing is that I was (trying to) work at the time and I
saw the LED flashing incessantly. I checked the ther Linux box and did
a "netstat" and saw nothing awry, an I thought I'd done the same on
the Asterisk box.
Obviously I should have looked at teh log file, because it was very
obvious when I looked this morning!

>It's still going on - and has been since 6am yesterday - that's now 26
>hours.

Hasn't restarted here yet....
Fingers crossed.