[asterisk-users] Being attacked by an Amazon EC2 ...

David Quinton gname2 at bizorg.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 01:38:51 CDT 2010

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:34:28 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:

>Just a "heads-up" ... my home asterisk server is being flooded by someone
>from IP 184.73.17.150 which is an Amazon EC2 instance by the looks of it -
>they're trying to send SIP subscribes to one account - and they're
>flooding the requests in - it's averaging some 600Kbits/sec of incoming
>UDP data or about 200 a second )-:
>
>This is much worse than anything else I've seen.

Same her but 184.73.17.122.
Look what they did to my latency, Gordon:-
http://f8lure.mouselike.org/archived_graphs/westek.bizorg.co.uk_day10.png

I've had bookmarks to Fail2Ban links on my desktop for a year now.
Guess I'll have to do something about it.

If, hypothetically, I'd put that IP into hosts.deny - would it have
stopped them?