[asterisk-users] Sending RTP media to a different server than SIP Signaling

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sat Apr 10 17:32:30 CDT 2010

----- "Tarek Sawah" <tareksawah at hotmail.com> wrote:

> we started with them two days ago .. and we are facing plenty of False
> Answer cases on several destinations although ppl said they have a
> policy against FAS..
> anyway i don't know i will be looking into another method to send the
> RTP to another server,

The IP address (and port) of where to send audio is negotiated when
the call is setup. You can't change it or specify an IP address to use.
Even if you did change the IP address you would be sending it to the port
associated with the session on the other media gateway. That would just
not work.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer