[asterisk-users] Sending RTP media to a different server than SIP Signaling

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:06:22 CDT 2010

Oh, I see. I haven't done a lot of testing on this new IP since the change
of gateways happened but I did Canada calls and they go fine. However, this
exact provider lies down to their teeth when it comes to problems of call
quality and calls not routing. They never accept faults. They even have
problems sending calls to Canada and USA. They failed to pass calls to India
as well over times. I had a funny issue where they were blocking one
specific area code in USA without even telling us. It was just a regular
area code. They told me it was blocked but I know it was a lie because they
wanted to cover their a$$ as the route was down and it wasn't blocked.

I doubt the problem is with sending calls to different media gateway as I
think SIP signals take care of that. Just like canreinvite feature. But I
reserve the right to be wrong.

-Bruce