[asterisk-users] Asterisk script to repeat dial of a number

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 15:41:56 CDT 2010

LOL....this is just what I was facing 4 days ago. Unfortunately, Asterisk
doesn't provide a software feature in Zaptel to do a BUSY. But people on the
list suggest that one should call the telephone company and ask them to busy
it.

If you have the resource and don't mind the bill of calling the bad line
with another line (which is still not full proof because someone else could
be calling during that time) then check into spool files and do a little
bashscript to run in put files in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing for calls
every two minutes.

Oh, if you have access to the box, short-circuit the telco line at the telco
demarc.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out>-Bruce