[asterisk-users] tones detection

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 11:40:17 CDT 2010

Hi Jerry,

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am looking for something in asterisk that
> will let me record a wav file  in asterisk (which I know how to do)
> then some other command (external or dialplan) that would read
> the wave file and tell me if a certain tone or frequency is present.
>
> Is this in asterisk already -  any way to do it?
> Thanks

You might want to look into the PipeWave tools:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/psych/home2/CullingJ/pipewave.html

The tools can generate a FFT (fast-fourier transform) of a wav file
which converts the data into the frequency domain, which should allow
you to tell if a certain frequency is present.

-- James