[asterisk-users] Sending RTP media to a different server than SIP Signaling

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 11:33:49 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Tarek Sawah <tareksawah at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings list
> i'm trying to connect with a VoIP provider for termination.. and they have offered us three servers to connect with
> one SIP Signaling server and Two Media servers ..
> googled for a week and didn't find a way to do this.. so my question. is it possible to be done?
> Asterisk server 1.4.26.3

I don't believe this can be done in asterisk by itself, but you may be
able to use the Linux conntrack stuff (http://netfilter.org/) to
rewrite the SDP host information...
However, if you want to dive into the world of OpenSIPS, I know you
can do this with an OpenSIPS/MediaProxy setup between your asterisk
box and your provider.

-- James