[asterisk-users] scratchy sound

Flavio Goncalves flavio at asteriskguide.com
Fri Apr 9 09:25:23 CDT 2010

Hi Vieri,

The sound I hear does not seem caused by packet loss, jitter or latency,
this problems usually produces a robotic or synthetic voice. It seems
produced by some kind of bad contact (most probable). It is strange that you
are seeing it using hard phones, I could bet on the headphones. Check also
for electric interference, it is very common for line filters to break
(broken capacitor usually) causing this kind of interference. Try also a
different codec such as G.711 (improbable).

Flavio E. Goncalves
www.asteriskguide.com