[asterisk-users] jitterbuffer

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Fri Apr 9 08:56:25 CDT 2010

----- "dotnetdub" <dotnetdub at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would not think you'd need to worry about jitter on a "normal" 100mbit LAN unless there is heavy traffic or people are running their PC's through the phone (don't remember if the 501 has two ethernet ports...). Typically the quality issues are introduced on your WAN connectivity between the premise system and your hosted system aka 'The Big Internet'.
>

> Why do you mention running PC's through the phone like it will cause a problem?

Do you normally like to put a network sensitive service like voice at the mercy of another device with the potential of chewing up the available bandwidth to the device? I personally do not like to share connectivity where possible. If you're asking why, then you have not experienced any issues with it "yet".

--Tim