[asterisk-users] URGENT - How to exclude one ZAP channel for outgoin and incoming calls

John Novack novackster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:05:28 CDT 2010

bruce bruce wrote:
> Indeed the telco has no interest in changing the cable, and by the
> time they send someone to look at the cable it's a sunny day and
> everything dried out. Hence the order for PRI. Can't wait to fire it
> up tomorrow.

Hope for your sake the same cable is not involved. Then you can lose  20
circuits when it rains!
> But, taking this number out of hunt is not so much of an option now as
> it will cost and take two weeks.
That is SAD. Service is no longer in their vocabulary. that should be a
temporary and free solution
As an OT comment, I recently helped a customer move into a large medical
facility and they had to change their main phone number, as the facility
had  a large block of numbers in DID trunks and porting was not an
option. the local telco, in the last two years, no longer provides an
intercept recording with  ref feral, only a disconnect generic
recording, so callers could easily come to believe they hadn't paid
their bill. We had to retain their main number, forward to a Google
Voice number with a recorded message on it, as a short term fix. We
could have forwarded to their new number, but then no one would learn
the new number.
> LAZY ....anyhow, I will see if I can get to busy the line.

A simple short on the pair will fix that, though that would require you
to be on site, not always an option

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot