[asterisk-users] URGENT - How to exclude one ZAP channel for outgoin and incoming calls

John Novack novackster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:04:18 CDT 2010

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, bruce bruce wrote:
>>

>> Nope - unplugging a line that is in a hunt will result in Ring-No-Answer.
>> Ditto for previous advice to destroy the zap channel or to leave it out of
>>

> Our telecom guy said, that when you call the line in for repair, that
> you need to request them to busy out that line for the duration.
>
> Doug

YES- You need the local Telco to either busy out the line, or remove
from the hunt group. This solves the incoming problem
You also need to do the same in your Zapata for outgoing calls, simply
put that channel in an unused group.

I do hope you hunt from last to first for outgoing, and the telco hunts
from first to last for incoming. This will reduce, but not eliminate
head on collisions ( glare )

Since this seems related to rain/moisture, trouble is probably external,
but if your telco's are anything like the big boys in the US, there will
be little interest in repairing the cable trouble, wherever it might be
OSP  repair is of little interest to the big boys any more

John Novack

John Novack

Dog is my co-pilot