[asterisk-users] Split E1 ISDN service for another device.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 8 11:50:18 CDT 2010

Klaverstyn, David C wrote:

> I have a Digium TE121 currently install in the server that the E1 ISDN
> line is connected to.  The Polycom has 4 by RJ45 connections for the
> 512kbit/s service.

It sounds like the Polycom device is expecting to be plugged into four
BRI (2B+D) lines, and then it will place calls over those and bond the B
channels together. It may very well be possible to provide what you need
by putting a 4-port BRI card into your server (with the ports configured
in NT mode and running bri_net signaling)), connecting all four ports to
the Polycom device. Then when it places calls, the calls will be
processed through your dialplan, and you can forward them on to the E1.
There's no need to 'allocate' bandwidth to this device, it will ask for
what it needs when it needs it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com