[asterisk-users] URGENT - How to exclude one ZAP channel for outgoin and incoming calls

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Thu Apr 8 08:04:18 CDT 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, bruce bruce wrote:

> I am not sure if unplugging line from card would work as it's still in a
> hunt and calls will keep coming through that number and won't fall over to
> next line unless there is a BUSY on the line. There is no timeout; it's a
> hunt on BUSY. Plus, I don't have site access for two days :-)

Nope - unplugging a line that is in a hunt will result in Ring-No-Answer.
Ditto for previous advice to destroy the zap channel or to leave it out of
the zaptel configuration.  You need to busy out that line.  You can only
do this onsite as far as I know.  Or maybe run a script that continually
takes that channel offhook and dials something benign...

> For calls out I give them a funny workaround of using another set to call
> out and not get audio and then use another phone to call so that a different
> channel is used. They are happy. Since, I been nagging to them to move to
> PRI because rain keeps brining their lines down all the time.
>
> I can't check zaptel disable of the line now as it nears 9:00 A.M. operation
> time. I will try that later in the day. I am amazed there is not much
> control to the lines in situations like this.

I totally agree.  A "busy out" application would be a wonderful addition
:)  I complained about this a few years back... in the meantime, when I
need to do such a thing, I busy it out by shorting it at the block.