[asterisk-users] Need help with a pika warp asterisk appliance problem.

Timothy C Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Wed Apr 7 21:44:43 CDT 2010

I've tried the forums at pikawarp.org and it seems no one is there anymore.

Is there someone here that can help.

last week I decided it was time to upgrade the rom on the machine to try
to get the newest freepbx.

so I followed the instructions to upgrade. I resetup the extensions and
all the other setting like it was before.  I did this over the network

so I go onsite to double check that it is working correctly.  It isn't
all the fxs lines that go into the fxs card have bad static - some so
bad you can't even tell it is a dial tone.

the fxo card seems ok and the fxs line that is on the main board is ok.
So I figured the rom didn't falsh correctly so I downloaded it again.
This time to my local machine put it the files on the sd card - deleted
the file that keeps it from loading over and over and let it flash
again. -- with the same results.  Something it not setting up properly
for the fxs card in the system - or has damaged it.
fxs/1 is on the main board - it works dial tone clear and sound during a
call clear
fxs/2 can't tell these is dial tone
fxs/3 can hear dial tone thru bad static
fxs/4 can hear dial tone thru bad static - not quite as bad as 3
fxs/5 dial tone sounds ok - but if you call you start hearing clicks and
pop and bursts of static.

Does anyone have any ideas?
This upgrade says it has a special procedure and changes the layout of
the files it uses - so I am not sure I can downgrade again. I've asked
on the Pikawarp.org forum but so far no answer.  if it goes a few more
days I will have to try something - the people in that building have
been using the 1 phone and thier cell phones for a few days now - but I
really need to find a fix for this.

Thanks for listening and if you have any ideas I would sure like to hear
them.