[asterisk-users] PSTN issues

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 7 10:30:24 CDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Balu Raman wrote:

> I have a PSTN coming into TDM400 into Asterisk. We also have direct
> telephones connected to the PSTN bypassing the Asterisk. When a call
> comes in on the PSTN the direct connected phones ring first and if no
> one picks up , Asterisk picks and get routed to internal sip phones. I
> am not able to find what I should tune to make the calls always go
> through asterisk without the direct telephones ringing. Things used to
> work right, suddenly, I have this problem after a recent storm.

0) A more specific subject will get more specific answers.

Your description sounds like:

You have an incoming PSTN connected to a junction strip. You have
telephones and your Asterisk server connected to the junction strip.

"Ringing" will be present at the telephones and the Asterisk server at the
same time because they are connected together at the same point. There is
no way for Asterisk to ring before the telephones unless your telephones
don't ring immediately.

If you want Asterisk to handle all incoming calls, the telephones will
need to be connected to the TDM400 as well as the incoming PSTN.

What changes were introduced because of the storm?

--
Thanks in advance,