[asterisk-users] Limit Number Of Simultaneous Outbound SIP Calls

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Apr 6 08:19:13 CDT 2010

Here's one way - put your dial command into a macro that polls via a "core
show channels" and only dials when the count is below X.   Even using a
"slow language" like PHP or PERL, an AGI call/return would not add as much
time to the dial process as PSTN delay does.

Example:

-          exten => 100,1,noop(check before dialing)

-          exten => 100,n,AGI(howmanycalls.agi)

-          exten => 100,n,Gotoif(${ACTIVECALLS} < 10?dial:congest)

-          exten => 100,n(congest),play(congest)

-          exten => 100,n,hangup

-          exten => 100,n(dial),Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}

-          exten => 100,n,hangup

  _____