[asterisk-users] spool directories and filename

Ricardo Coelho ricardo.tching at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:59:04 CDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Ricardo Coelho wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to configure Asterisk to fetch for files from the spool
>> directory in different directories? For example, fetch voicemail files
>> in /abc/voicemail and call files in /cde/outgoing ?. And is it possible
>> to configure the filename that Asterisk gives to files, like voicemail
>> files?
>
> Read up on asterisk.conf (usually located at /etc/asterisk/). In
> particular, see astspooldir.
>
> A casual peek of the 1.2 sources looks like both features (pbx_spool.c and
> app_voicemail.c) use astspooldir as the file path.
>
> For changing the voicemail filenames, the 1.2 app_voicemail.c sources have
> this snippet:
>
> static int make_file(char *dest, int len, char *dir, int num)
> {
>         return snprintf(dest, len, "%s/msg%04d", dir, num);
> }
>
> which means you will probably have to hack it up a bit.
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,

Hi. Thanks for the reply.  Regarding filenames, thanks for the help.

On asterisk.conf it is only possible to specify which directory is going to be used to store voicemail, call files, etc (astspooldir). What I would like to know is how to have some directories of the spool in one path and other directories of the spool on other path (ex: voicemail directory on /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail and outgoing in /example/callfiles/ )

Once again thanks for the reply,

Ricardo