[asterisk-users] How set debug file for RxFax application

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:07:24 CDT 2010

Hi Juan,
my system is an asterisk 1.2 on gentoo, it is configured to receive faxes
through rxfax and then to use fax2email to convert the tiff to pdf and send
it to front desk:

exten =>
3772,1,Set(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},GMT-5,%F_%T_${CALLERIDNUM}.tif)})
exten =>
3772,n,Set(FAXFILENOEXT=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},GMT-5,%F_%T_${CALLERIDNUM})})
exten => 3772,n,rxfax(${FAXFILE}|debug)
exten => 3772,n,System('/usr/local/bin/fax2mail -p -f "${FAXFILENOEXT}"
--cid-number ${CALLERIDNUM} --cid-name "${CALLERIDNAME}" --dest-name
"Sir/Madam"')

fax does not fail all the time, when the fax is failing it says in the fax
log :
Fax file /var/spool/asterisk/fax/2010-04-05_10:48:20_3103789385.tif not
found.
that means no tif was generated.
i went ahead and turned debugging on span (ISDN pri line), i did compare the
debug info of a failed fax and a successful fax and they look exactly the
same. that's why i am looking to debug the rxfax or any other party that get
involved and i forget to check.

2010/4/5 "Juan E. Rodríguez" <jerdguez at gmail.com>

>  How is your system configured?
> Debug output of faild faxes?
>
> This kind of information is needed to help you!
>
> Regards,
> Juan
>

> khalid touati wrote:
>
> can anyone help me out in this, a big number of my faxes are lost everyday!
> i would really appreciate any help on how i can tweak asterisk (rxfax) to
> receive all faxes!
>
> 2010/4/2 khalid touati <khalidtouati at gmail.com>
>
>> i went ahead and i used this line:exten => 3772,n,rxfax(${FAXFILE}|debug)
>> as it says in the rxfax tutorial (also because i'm not sure that FAXOPT is
>> supported by asterisk 1.2), but no output neither in the CLI or in a file.
>> so is there any body who knows about that?
>> i'll appreciate any help!
>>
>> 2010/4/2 khalid touati <khalidtouati at gmail.com>
>>
>> thank you guys for responses,
>>> Danny-, am i going to receive debug info in the CLI or in a default file
>>> (/var/log /*)? is FAXOPT supported whitin asterisk 1.2 (sorry I forgot to
>>> mention that i am using 1.2)?

>>> --
>>> Abdullah
>>>

>> --