[asterisk-users] chanspy and DISA

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Wed Sep 30 20:08:30 CDT 2009

Steve Edwards wrote:
>>> Is the manager or are the agents using disa()?
>>>
>>> How about:
>>>
>>>          exten = *,n,                    set(SPYGROUP=ALLOW-SPYING)
>>>
>>> for the agents and:
>>>
>>>          exten = *,n,                    chanspy(,g(ALLOW-SPYING))
>>>
>>> the manager?
>
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, John Millican wrote:
>> The manager wants to be able to spy on agents who dial through the PBX
>> from their homes.  Currently the agents dial the main number, use the
>> "secret" code to get to authenticate and DISA, and then dial back out
>> for their sales calls. I have chanspy working great on all internal
>> phones/extensions use group to limit who can spy and who can not. It not
>> so much to allow spying it is finding the correct channel to spy on for
>> the remote users.
>
> How about something like these snippets:
>
> [i](!)
>          exten = i,1,                    goto(${CONTEXT},s,1)
> [s](!)
>          exten = s,1,                    verbose(1,[${CONTEXT}:${EXTEN}])
>
> [home-agent-login](i,s)
>          exten = s,n,                    read(AGENT-ID,enter-agent-number)
>          exten = s,n,                    set(SPYGROUP=${AGENT-ID})
>          .
>          .
>          .
>
> [supervisor-login](i,s)
>          exten = s,n,                    read(AGENT-ID,enter-agent-number)
>          exten = s,n,                    chanspy(,g(${AGENT-ID}))
>          exten = s,n,                    goto(s,1)
>          .
>          .
>          .

Thank you very much for this.
With a little tweaking it worked great, since each remote workers
callerid is matched before going to authenticate I just set the spy
group so the remote guys don't have a choice and now the manager has a
known group of one for each remote worker.
Thanks again for the help
JohnM