[asterisk-users] put some IVR into a queue after the call queuing

nik600 nik600 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 05:48:06 CDT 2009

Dear all

is it possible to handle a queue using a programmed IVR?

As i understood, is possible to:

- do some IVR in the dialplan BEFORE to queue the call
- put a timeout to exit from the call and then do some IVR in the dialplan
- intercept a single dialtone to exit the queue and performe some IVR
in the dialplan (context setting in the queue)

I've tested these things but in each case if i re-queue the call thi
queue_log file reports the wrong total queued time.

I'm wondering if is possible to bluild a script like that:

1) queue the call
2) after x seconds prompt message A
3) after y seconds prompt message B
4) after z seconds prompt message C
5) after t seconds prompt message Z with DTMF options 1,2,3
if option is 1 => remain in queue
if option is 2 => ask the user to be recalled
if option is 3 => transfer to xxxx

In each moment (1,2,3,4,5) if a member queue gets available the call
is routed to him.

I belive that the only thing to do that is to do something like:

1) Queue A
... timeount
2) Queue B
... timeout
3) Queue C
...Timeout
4) Queue D
...periodic-announce
- context set to xxxxxxx

[xxxxxxx]
1,1,Queue D
2,1,Goto (.....IVR to be recalled)
3,1,Goto (.... transfer)

And then manually match information between unique ID and queue_log to
consider info on queue A,B,C,D, as a single queue.

Or is there some magic sauce to specify an "IVR script" that is
executed when a call is in a queue?

Thanks

--
nik600