[asterisk-users] Dumb Question - Dialing internal and external

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Sep 29 16:22:26 CDT 2009

Hello listers,

                  I'm running Asterisk 1.4.26.1 and 1.4-R201993 (SVN) using
Polycom 501's and POTS.  The problem I'm experiencing is that when I dial a
call, it takes 1-4 seconds before I hear a ring.  I understand that there is
a delay on POTS connectivity, but what's the deal on an internal call?  I
dial from 104 to 105, press send, 105 rings and about a second later I get
the ring indication on 104.  Everything is in-house and behind a firewall.
TIA.

Danny Nicholas