[asterisk-users] Who am xxx talking to.agi

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Tue Sep 29 04:37:23 CDT 2009

In relation to our CRM-system I'd like to send a query to asterisk who
is extension xxx talking to.

When the operator enters the page with customer data, the crm should
send a query to asterisk, to get the cli of the call the operator is having.
If the number is matching the customers number in crm, a record will be
made, if it is not, a popup "Are you talking with this customer now?",
if confirmed, the number will be recorded in the crm.

Can asterisk answer this question?

I've tried using sip show channels and sip show peer, but the cli is not
in an obvious place.

Is it better done by parsing logfile or storing numbers in the internal
database from the dialplan?

Leif