[asterisk-users] digium fax: failed to queue document

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:08:03 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well one of the problems it that SendFax doesn't like the tiff file(BTW,
>> SendFax from app_fax.so gives you clue what the problem is). It requires
>> a special sort of tiff file. I never found any way to generate a
>> compliant file with imagemagick or netpbm from a simple text file.
>
> Have you tried using ps2tiff?
>
> The way I generated my 'compliant' tiff was quite straightforward:
> I used ReceiveFax() on a fax from a 'real' fax machine, and then used
> that tiff file for testing.

Well that certainly works :-) . But I'm trying to put together a
status report on a fax transmission  that I can fax to another
machine. So I need to create the tiff.

I looked up ps2tiff. That seems to be a windows program. There is a
pstotiff linux program, but it seems to be unmaintained, and isn't
available on Fedora.

sean