[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Asterisk server remote access

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Mon Sep 28 16:37:45 CDT 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> It would be really cool if iaxmodem would actually answer an incoming
> modem call and pass traffic to something like pppd.  For those times when
> the pstn link is up, but something is wrong with the 'net connection...

    I have a working setup of what you describe. I can dial the good ol'
way into my * box if the IP link is down, just set an iaxmodem device in
your inittab as a serial console.
    pppd is not needed if you just need to access the linux shell.
Putting a password on the extension would be a good idea though.

--
Ivan Stepaniuk
Alba Fotonica S.L.