[asterisk-users] DAHDI congestion problem

Barry Miller asterisk-users at notanet.net
Mon Sep 28 12:59:00 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 02:26:29PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 04:56:01AM -0700, Landy Landy wrote:
> > I have a similar problem with DAHDI. If my server gets rebooted, I can't make any calls until the a call come in from outside. From there I can answer the call and DAHDI works fine afterwards.
>
> In your case: is the problem reset by restarting asterisk? 'dahdi
> resstart'?
>
> Also, please look at the reply he gets:
>
> 0/1/0 (Busy/Congested/Not-Available) - the call was marked as
> "congested". Is that the same for you?

Funny.  The first thing I always do after a reboot is call in from my
cell to make sure things work.  But last night I rebooted and immediately
tried dialing out (with a TDM842B) and got:

WARNING[2720]: app_dial.c:1721 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'DAHDI' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

Restarting all of Asterisk or 'dahdi restart' didn't matter.  Neither FXO
card would make an outgoing call until it had received an incoming one.
This with DAHDI 2.2.0.2.

--Barry