[asterisk-users] Issue with incoming caller-ID to NEC SV8300 with QSIG

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Sun Sep 27 16:02:29 CDT 2009

I'm using QSIG between an NEC SV8300 and Asterisk (after giving up with
CCIS).  Things work pretty well with the exception of issues on stations
on the SV8300.

When I call from Asterisk to a SV8300 station and I send my extension
as the caller ID number, it shows up on the SV8300 as "OPERATOR".
I've tried a few different TON/NPI values with no difference.

If I set callerid to a ten-digit number, it comes to the SV8300 with the
last digit truncated.  The name doesn't come over at all.

When I call an Asterisk extension on an SV8300 station, the display doesn't
show the station on the other side.  When I look at PRI debug information,
I think I see the SV8300 sending such information to Asterisk, but it seems
to be discarded.  I don't see Asterisk sending any such.  libpri also
complains about an unknown IE50.

Before I start digging in to the 600+ pages of Q.931 and Q.932 specifications
and the 4000+ lines of q931.c, I thought I'd ask if anybody else has run
into these issues.   Using the SV8300 to make an external call seems fine
and everything from the SV8300 to Asterisk is fine when it comes to caller
ID (number and name).