[asterisk-users] Problems with Digium TDM400 card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Sep 27 13:07:02 CDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 05:17:33PM +0100, Angus Asterisk wrote:
> I had a working Asterisk 1.4.24.1 installation on SUSE 9 Linux but
> SIP only.  I then downloaded and installed latest Zaptel

I'll note that for many practical purposes, "latest zaptel" is DAHDI.

> and could not
> get Zaptel working.  So I downloaded Asterisk again and re-installed.
>
> But still problems:
>
> Here is my ztcfg output:
> asterisk:/etc/asterisk # ztcfg -vvvvv
> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 4: Unable to read Zaptel version information.
>
> Zaptel Version: Unknown
> Echo Canceller: Unknown
> Configuration
> ======================
>

> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
> Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
> Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
>
> 4 channels to configure.
>
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)

ztcfg sent an ioctl that the kernel part of Zaptel didn't understand.
This may be due to using a (very old?) version of zaptel.h to build
ztcfg (or maybe way older modules and a newer ztcfg). A second option is
mixing 64bit kernel with 32bit userspace.

Also, what is the output of:

  uname -a
  which ztcfg
  file `which ztcfg`