[asterisk-users] Where are phone registrations kept?

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Sat Sep 26 12:59:36 CDT 2009

Hi,

I've built an Asterisk HA cluster by means of heartbeat and drbd. The
following folders are stored on shared storage and referred to by means of
symbolic links:

/etc/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk
/usr/lib/asterisk
/var/spool/asterisk
/var/log/asterisk

I was under the impression that phone registrations were stored
in /var/lib/asterisk/astdb and as such preserved when failing over.
But when failing over I need to restart the phones in order to have them work
with the newly actived asterisk node.

This seems to point to the fact that phone registrations are stored elsewhere
or are forgotten when Asterisk is restarted, but the latter seems not really
true anyway.

So, what is going wrong here? Were are the registrations stored? Or should I
build in something to have the phones rebooted when I failover?

Thank you,

Bart