[asterisk-users] Inquiry:How to convert *.wav files ?

Stanisław Pitucha stan at gradwell.net
Sat Sep 26 05:02:32 CDT 2009

2009/9/26 hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>:
> I need to convert the original *.wav sound files (their file attribute is reported as WAVE audio mono 8000 Hz) into 32 bit 44 KHz for better voice quality .

That's useless. You can do that of course, but even if you reencode
the file, the quality of sound itself will not change. Also, unless
you use a wideband codec, you won't be able to send more than 8000Hz
over the line for most standard codecs (u/alaw, gsm, etc.). Just play
the .wav you already have - you cannot get a better quality than that
in the original file.

--
KTHXBYE,

Stanisław Pitucha, Gradwell Voip Engineer