[asterisk-users] disable dtmf on SIP peer

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Sep 25 10:41:40 CDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Giedrius Augys wrote:

> Hello,
>

>   I have one problem and I need to disable dtmf (disable rfc2833, info and
> inband) on one (other peers must support dtmf) SIP peer . Is it possible?
> Workaround would be use g729 codec with dtmfmode=inband.

I don't think that would *disable* it, I think it would simply make it
unpredictable :)

> Maybe there is better solution?

What are you really trying to accomplish?  Keep the user from being able
to navigate menus?  There should be diaplan/context ways to keep them from
doing internal things, but if you are trying to keep them from interacting
with external services I am not sure.