[asterisk-users] Choppy sound, SIP calls within LAN

andreil1 andreil1 at starlett.lv
Fri Sep 25 05:01:45 CDT 2009

Hi!

I have installed Asterisk 1.6.1 on SuSE Linux (from OpenSuSE
repository). As a clients I use XLite on Mac, all on the same LAN.
Server where asterisk is is barely loaded at 5% CPU, have a lot of RAM
and plenty of disk space on LEVEL 5 RAID.

Calls to another SIP server (also asterisk) hosted by another company
are 100% OK, so it is clearly problem with my server setup.

Background music (before pickup) runs fine, but transmitted voice
sound is very choppy, no matter of which codec I use.

I have searched over net, and implemented one by one every reasonable
receipt found, including.

highpriority = yes
internal_timing = yes

transmit_silence = no

nat = yes
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
externip = xx.xx.xx.xx

dtmfmode=rfc2833

Downgrading asterisk did not solved problem, too.

Anyone please help if possible..

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).