[asterisk-users] Connecting home intercom to Asterisk?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Thu Sep 24 07:47:18 CDT 2009

Hello

I assume I'm not the first one to think about this: Is it possible to
connect an intercom and/or door bell to Asterisk, so that I can get an
e-mail that someone rang my place while I was out?

Even better: If used for a doctor's office, it'd be cool if patients
could type their Social Security Number on a keypad, which would open
the door and notify Asterisk which would then display a pop-up on the
doctor's PC screen that such and such patient just walked in the
waiting room.

Thank you.